We are looking for someone to join our team as our ‘Designer makers buyer & retail shop assistant‘. The role will be 2-3 days a week, potentially more. We are looking for someone to really put their stamp on this role and become a valued team player in the growth of the business.
Designer Makers buyer & retail shop assistant at Stag & Bow
Reporting to – Business Owner
Location – Stag & Bow, Forest Hill
Start Date – Late September 2017
Salary – £8.50/hr, increasing to £9.20/hr after probation period. V&A Membership & Bonuses for exceeding targets.
Hours of work – 2-3 days/week: 9.45am – 5.15pm – Rolling weekend schedule.
Additional terms – 3 month probation period Benefits include:
- Free attendance to workshops
- Use of downstairs space as a studio and exhibition space, to fit around Collaborations on use of space possible too.
- Opportunities for workshops tuition @ £25/hr
- Statutory holiday allowance
Role profile –
The role will be primarily responsible for the sourcing and buying of Stag & Bow’s ‘Designer Makers’ range, visual merchandising and day to day retail sales.
Main job tasks and responsibilities –
- Sourcing and buying new products for the store’s Designer Maker ranges, comprised largely of products by local makers, according to seasonality.
- Management of relationships with designer makers, overseeing regular invoicing.
- Designing and implementing processes for supplier (designer makers) management, co-ordinating with the new EPOS system.
- Assessing and reporting on success of ranges; implementing buying strategies to maximise income potential.
- Promotion of the store’s Designer Maker range using Stag & Bow’s existing social media channels, newsletter and website; working with the Marketing Consultant and Creative Director to agree the marketing strategy to meet and exceed sales targets.
- Responsible for the visual merchandising of the Designer Maker range; responsible for window displays.
- Retail sales duties including opening up, closing up, cashing up, customer sales and customer services, stock replenishment and display, and housekeeping duties.
About you –
- You should be a motivated self-starter interested in carving out a role for yourself. This job is essentially what you make it.
- Have retail or hospitality customer service experience.
- You should have an interest in the craft sector. Being able to sew, knit and crochet or a keen interest to learn are an advantage.
- Ideally you will have experience in sales strategy and tactics, and/or visual merchandising
- Have an existing network of designer makers, or a good knowledge of local / British designer makers would be an advantage.
- Be computer literate and ideally have experience with – Adobe Photoshop, Adobe illustrator, Microsoft Excel & Word.
- Be confident using social media platforms, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Mailchimp. Ideally have experience with WordPress & Square space or have experience with managing a website.
If you feel this suits you and you are keen to become a valued team member in a growing business please email your CV and covering letter by September 22nd to firstname.lastname@example.org