We offer a bespoke framing service through our sister company The Framing Salon, situated next door at 10 Dartmouth Road and we are hiring!
Job title – Picture Framing technician
Reporting to –
The business owner
The Framing Salon, 10 Dartmouth Rd, SE23 3XU
Start Date –
Training wage £8.50 rising to £9.75 after probation/training period.
Hours of work –
4 – 5 days a week. 9.30 – 5pm
Additional terms –
3 month probation period. Statutory holiday allowance.
Role Profile –
The role will have these key functions:
1. Undertaking all areas of frame making to a high standard.
2. Delivering outstanding customer service.
3. Working as part of a team.
4. Working to develop and manage systems for seamless business operations & growth.
Main job tasks and responsibilities –
– Ordering materials and management of relationships with wholesalers.
– Daily duties include opening up, closing up, customer sales and services, all areas of frame making & house-keeping duties.
– Promotion of the business through customer interactions and building The Framing Salon’s existing social media channels.
– Working with the Business Owner and relevant team members to develop contract work with galleries institutions / corporate bodies.
– Working Saturdays on a rota basis.
– Being flexible with working extra hours when necessary.
About you –
– You should be a motivated self-starter interested in carving out a role for yourself. This job is essentially what you make it.
– Be passionate about making and craftsmanship and have an attention to detail.
– You should have experience with Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
– Ideally you will have framing or related wood work experience.
– You will have an interest / background in the arts and creativity.
Please email a cover letter and CV to Cyrus Colquitt at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is October 30th 2018
0208 291 0399